Teach English in India | India TEFL Internship
Discover glorious Kerala, Punjab or Tamil Nadu! Includes 4 month placement with orientation on arrival, all accommodation, monthly living allowance, meals & more. 🌏💚
Teach English in India with the India TEFL Internship
Discover incredible India as part of an all-inclusive India TEFL internship that is perfect for first time teachers! JUST £625
- Spend 4 amazing months teaching English in India
- Learn Hindi (2 hours weekly)
- Rs. 7,500 - 10,000 monthly living allowance
- Accommodation & meals
- Teach 5 classes daily (45 minutes per class)
- All positions are with local public and private schools
- Arrive year-round
- Choose from Tamil Nadu. Punjab, Kerala, Chattisgarh or Haryana
- 120 hour TEFL certificate
Program includes high quality 120 hour Online TEFL Qualification
How does the teaching in India TEFL Internship work?
- Teach conversation and practical English to young Indian learners with further opportunities for project work
- Gain heaps of international experience in one of the world’s fastest growing economies
- Learn about Indian language, culture & way of life!
- Flexible start dates anytime of year
- Four month placement
About the India TEFL Internship
- Teach English in India from Primary to 12th Grade (3-18 age group)
- Couples and friends are welcome to apply
- Assist students to become more confident in using spoken English
- All placements are with schools in Kerala, Punjab, Chattisgarh, Haryana or Tamil Nadu provinces
- Interns will work with local students teaching English as a Foreign Language
- 5 sessions of 45 minutes per day
- Get 2 hours of Hindi language lessons per week (at Interns’ request, additional local State languages such as Hindu, Punjab, Tamil and Malayalam can be added)
- Low living costs meaning you can get by on your monthly allowance with accommodation and food also provided
Option A – Teach in Punjab
- Punjab means the land of five rivers
- Check out the legendary Golden Temple, a sanctuary of spirituality with healing waters which attract travellers from all corners of India
- Visit Nek Chand Rock Garden complete with its amazing collection of 2000 rock sculptures crafted by a local transport officer!
- Watch the rural Olympics at Kila Raipur
- Interact with the locals who will invite you into their homes and host you like a long lost family member!
Interns who want the Punjab option will receive a free one-way onward flight from Trivandrum to Delhi and then coach or rail ticket from Delhi to Barnala.
Option B – Teach in Tamil Nadu
- Save on the washing up and eat a meal from a banana leaf
- Visit the Great Living Chola temples which date back to the 10th Century
- Watch a Rajanikanth movie and celebrate a local cult hero!
- Drink strong coffee in a Tamil style cup locally known as davarah
- Meet tribal villagers in the Nilgiris and learn about centuries old customs
Option C - Teach in Mumbai
- Sample the relentless energy of India's financial powerhouse
- Visit nearby Elephanta Island with its ancient cave temples dedicated to Shiva
- Take a tour of Fort and Colaba, Mumbai's most famous precincts, including the Gateway of India, Taj Mahal hotel and Crawford Market
- Explore Mumbai's myriad of tangled bazaars including the famous Lalbagh Spice Market
- Check out Sassoon Docks fish market, a hardy place where locals haul their catch each dawn!
Option D - Teach in Chattisgarh
- Soak up the outstanding natural beauty of India's most densely forested state
- Visit the Chitrakote Falls, India's broadest waterfall at 300m
- Wander among the atmospheric ruins of dozens of ancient Hindu temples dotted around local villages
New placements are now added in Haryana!
11 reasons why this TEFL internship in India is for you!
- Airport pick up / drop off
- Accommodation & meals provided
- Monthly living allowance of Rs. 7,500 – Rs.10,000
- 24/7 support from local team in India
- Program run in conjunction with established, reputable Indian schools
- Visa document processing*
- 120 hour Professional Online TEFL Qualification included
- Go further! More TEFL job assistance after your India teaching adventure!
- Perfect program for first time teachers looking to try out teaching English abroad
* Please note that actual visa cost is not included
Skills & Qualities
- No degree necessary
- Fluent English speaker
- 100 + hour TEFL certificate
- Cultural sensitivity
Why apply to teach in India through ESLstarter?
- Experts at arranging internship placements
- Full in country support
- Our staff have taught English abroad and are passionate about helping others teach in this amazing county!
- Great program for first time teachers and those who would like the security of having everything arranged for them including airport pick up
- Join our Facebook communities & connect with lots of other ESLstarter India teachers before you go!
- We’re pretty sure you won't find more teacher Testimonials anywhere else!
Fast Facts India
- 22.65 million – current population of Delhi making it the world’s second largest city
- 1,100 - number of movies produced by the Indian film industry every year
- 10 – number of hours of yoga performed on horseback to break world record
- 40 – percent of world’s mangos produced in India
- 1.2 billion people – make India the world’s largest democracy
- 100 million – attendees of Kumbh Mela Festival making it the world’s largest gathering of humans!
- India has more mobile phones than toilets
- 6 hours – length of time average Indian worker must work in order to buy a Big Mac
- India has a higher population than the entire Western hemisphere put together!