Teach in Ecuador - Public School Program
Teach English in public elementary and high schools throughout Ecuador's dramatic Coast region. Come and be part of an exciting initiative to improve English learning amongst children and teens.
Teach English in Ecuador
ESLstarter are inviting applications for public school English teaching jobs throughout Ecuador's beautiful and dramatic coast region.
There are two teaching options available
- Long term position (10 months)
- Short term position (5 months )
Note - in order to make the most valuable impact on local communities, it is strongly preferred that applicants commit to the 10 month program.
Benefits - Long term position
- Prepaid round-trip air-ticket to Ecuador
- US$ 366 monthly stipend (minus 8% tax deduction)
- Accommodation with host family
- 2 meals daily provided by host family (breakfast and dinner)
- Full orientation and training on arrival
- Prepaid medical insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Diploma on program completion in recognition of your contribution
- Lonely Planet E Guide to Ecuador
Benefits - Short term position
- Same as above but one-way air-ticket from Ecuador to corresponding country provided on contract completion. The flight to Ecuador will be covered by the volunteer.
Dates & Deadlines
- Long term position (10 months) – October
- Short term position (5 months ) – February
Future in-takes will be announced shortly.
Upon approval of placement, successful candidates are required to pay a deposit of $500. Your program deposit payment demonstrates your commitment to the Teach in Ecuador Program. This commitment helps the local support staff to plan their resources (including your flight logistics) and ensure you have the best possible experience when you arrive in Ecuador.
The deposit is fully refundable upon completion of contract.
The deposit is non-refundable if the teacher decides to cancel or withdraw from the program at any time and for any reason.
About this program
- Teach English in Ecuador public schools.
- Classroom teaching approx. 30 hours (45 minutes per class), plus 10 hours of lesson planning and additional activities at the school (e.g. meeting with parents, teachers and other activities).
- Volunteers can teach either morning or afternoon shift.
- Attend events and training related to program at request of the Ministry of Education.
- Teach up to 40 students per class (student age varies from 5 – 18 years old).
- Be an ambassador for your country, share your knowledge and work closely with local Ecuadorian students and teachers in improving their confidence in using English!
Locations for teaching in Ecuador
Throughout the Coast region of Ecuador.
- Fluent English speakers (at least B2 level)
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- TEFL/TESOL certification preferred - get a special discount on your TEFL course here
- Cultural sensitivity
- Be of no criminal record
- Holding a passport with at least 1 year validity
Sprinkle a splash of sparkling local hospitality and mix with snowy mountain peaks and steamy Amazonian jungle. Add combination of colonial Spanish and Latin American influence, blend with volcanic islands, pristine pacific coastline, colorful Andean villages and you get Ecuador, one of the most diverse countries on earth!
Get TEFL certified from only £93
Not TEFL certified yet? Get your TEFL qualification for less!
Find out why ESLstarter have more reviews than anyone else.