Teach English in Peru
Earn a monthly salary of $850 with online TEFL certificate, round-trip air-ticket, full orientation on arrival, visa reimbursement, severance pay and paid vacation time. 💚🗺️
Teach English in Peru and explore a world like no other!
ESLstarter are looking for English teachers to come and teach TEFL in Peru.
From the lost civilizations of the Inca trail to modern, frenetic Lima, Peru will not disappoint those who are looking for the ultimate adventure!
- $850 monthly salary*
- 120 hour Online TEFL course
- Round-trip air-ticket
- Airport pick up
- Full orientation upon arrival
- Visa reimbursement
- Approximately 15 days of paid vacation per year
- All public holidays
- 24/7 support team to assist you in Peru
- Latest Edition Lonely Planet E Guide to Peru
- Choose from a 6 or 12 month placement
*Average local salary in Peru is $250 monthly and so you can live well on this wage.
Option 1: 6 month contract
Option 2: 12 month contract
Successful applicants will be shortlisted and contacted by email to arrange a Skype interview.
Applicants should be fluent English speakers and have as follows:
- Bachelors degree in Education or Bachelors degree (any field) with 6 months of certified language teaching experience
- Nationality of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark.
- TEFL / TESOL or CELTA certificate
Locations for teaching in Peru
Mainly capital city of Lima.
About this program
Positions are with established language schools throughout major urban centres in Peru, including the energetic capital of Lima.
Students are a mix of children and adults learners and the schools are very much a focal point of local communities.
Ongoing staff training and meetings are provided including full TEYL training.
Full teaching resources are also available including teacher’s books, CDs, student books, markers, Ipad and more.
From the dense jungle heat of the Amazon to breath-taking glacial peaks, Peru truly does have it all. Whether you're tucking into some of Peru's delicious food or following big cat tracks in the world's largest rainforest, the ancient ways of South America's third largest country couldn't be any further removed from life in the West. Peru is perfect for active travellers who want to see something completely different during their free time, like a trip to the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu or Chan Chan, the largest pre-Columbian ruins in South America. If you love bizarre and colourful wildlife or unfamiliar surroundings, Peru is definitely the place for you to start your TEFL adventure.
5 reasons to teach in Peru
- Choose from 6 or 12 month contract
- Peru is home to the breath-taking Machu Picchu, Inca heritage city
- Get a thorough grounding in TEFL through our 120 hour On-line certificate
- Earn a high local salary so you can have a comfortable life in Peru
- Full training provided with small classes in well-equipped schools
Why apply to teach in Peru through ESLstarter?
- 100s of testimonials
- Receive free expert consultation to decide if teaching in Peru is right for you
- Over 8 years of recruitment experience for international TEFL jobs
- Full support through the application and visa process
- Dedicated support staff comprising of former TEFL teachers
- Join our Facebook communities & connect with lots of other ESLstarter teachers before you go!
- Why teach English in Peru?
Teaching in Peru, with it's ancient Incan Empire and rich cultural history, offers endless adventures to the intrepid TEFL teacher. Peru is truly one of the most exciting destinations to teach in South America, from the Sacred Valley to the mysterious Nazca Lines to the sprawling metropolis of the capital city, Lima.
- Where are the teaching jobs in Peru located?
The majority of our teaching jobs in Peru are located in the capital city of Lima. This vibrant city will give you a taste of Peruvian life close up! Embark on a culinary adventure in this city of food and discover exciting neighbourhoods like Miraflores, where you can indulge in shopping, fine dining, and the raucous Peruvian nightlife.
- What are the qualifications to teach English in Peru?
Most English teachers in Peru will need TEFL or TESOL certification to teach English. Although a college diploma is often recommended, it is not essential. In Peru, the average monthly wage for teachers is from $500 to $700.