Teach English in Colombia
Earn a monthly salary of 2 million COP, housing allowance, online TEFL certificate, round-trip air-ticket, orientation on arrival, access to EPS health care plan, paid vacation time and more!
Teach in Colombia and experience sparkling South America at its finest! Was £599, now JUST £299!
- $2 million Colombian Pesos COP monthly salary*
- 120 hour On-line TEFL course
- Round-trip air-ticket
- Airport pick up
- Full orientation upon arrival
- Housing allowance of $290,000 Colombian Pesos COP
- Visa reimbursement
- 15 days of paid vacation per year
- All public holidays
- 24/7 support team to assist you in Colombia
- Latest Edition Lonely Planet E-Guide to Colombia
- Choose from a 6 or 12 month placement
*Average local salary in Colombia is around 640.000 COP and so you can live well on this wage
Option A: 6 month contract
Option B: 12 month contract
Successful applicants will be shortlisted and contacted by email to arrange a Skype interview.
Gideon Woldeslassie, Teacher
The people here are the warmest I have ever met, and the landscapes are breath-taking.
Applicants should be fluent English speakers and have as follows:
- Bachelors degree (any field)
- Nationality of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark.
- TEFL / TESOL or CELTA certificate
Locations for teaching in Colombia
The teaching jobs in Colombia are throughout major cities including:
About this program
Positions are with established language schools throughout major urban centres in Colombia, including the busy capital of Bogota.
Students are a mix of children and adults learners and the schools are very much a focal point of local communities.
Ongoing staff training and meetings are provided including full TEYL training.
Full teaching resources are also available including teacher’s books, CDs, student books, markers etc. and computer or Ipad.
Towering Andean summits, beautiful archaeological ruins and historical colonial communities are just a few of the factors that make Colombia one of the best places to teach in South America. After two decades of reformation, Colombia has become one of the most sought-after destinations for TEFL teachers to work in South America, and has quickly become one of the best places to teach abroad. With many chances to explore during your stay in Colombia, international teaching jobs in South America do not come more exciting as this.
5 reasons to teach in Colombia
- Choose from 6 or 12 month contract
- Colombia is a buzzing travel destination
- Get TEFL qualified before you go with our internationally recognized certificate
- Earn a great local salary so you can have a comfortable life in Colombia
- Full training provided with small classes in well equipped schools
Why apply to teach in Colombia through ESLstarter?
- 100s of testimonials
- Receive free expert consultation to decide if teaching in Colombia is right for you
- Over 8 years of recruitment experience for international TEFL jobs
- Full support through the application and visa process
- Dedicated support staff comprising of former TEFL teachers
- Join our Facebook communities & connect with lots of other ESLstarter teachers before you go!
- What is TEFL?
TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language and once you have completed a TEFL qualification, you can teach ESL abroad in a wide variety of countries. There are a few different types of courses for teaching English in Asia, the UAE and many unique destinations, however TEFL and TESOL courses (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are the most common.
- How do I learn TEFL?
You can learn TEFL in a number of ways including university courses and even internships in various locations such as China and Argentina. English Language teaching allows you to broaden your horizons and gain experiences you will not find anywhere else. Learning TEFL will allow you to embark on various different adventures including teaching in Asia, South America and the Middle East and considering global language training is becoming increasingly popular, international schools are always crying out for additional ESL teachers.