Teaching jobs in Peru
Wild and hypnotic landscapes beckon in this legendary travel destination
Peru is a booming destination on the TEFL circuit. For Peruvians to make the most of their life opportunities, English speaking skills are critical. Teach English in Peru and have the option of an exciting life in Lima, historical Cusco or remote rural villages. If you opt for teaching in Peru, you can actually live in one of the most coveted countries for explorers, historians and archaeologists!
Teaching jobs in Peru offer plenty of attractive options including public, private or university level programs. The people of this country are hospitable and their culture so inviting, you may find that you make a permanent home among the ancestors of the Incans.
Apply with ESLstarter, experts in TEFL recruitment, and teach English in Peru.
Here are 10 interesting facts and curious trivia about Peru:
- Population: More than 30 million people
- Capital city: Lima
- Currency: Sol
- Language: Spanish
- Indigenous languages: Quechua, Aymara & other aboriginal languages
- Religions: Roman Catholic, Protestantism, Mormonism, Buddhism, Baha’i Faith, Islam, & many others including tribal religions
- National drink: Pisco Sour, a cocktail of sweetened citrus juice mixed with pisco liquor, syrup, egg white and Angostura bitters
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: Machu Picchu, ancient citadel in the Andes
- National dance: Marinera, a romantic courtship dance
- National bird: Tunki, also called the Andean cock-of-the-rock
We currently have the following programs available in Peru