Teaching jobs in Uruguay
Discover why South America’s second smallest country has been voted 'Country of the Year'
Teach English in Uruguay and get to know one of South America’s best kept secrets. Uruguay may be the second smallest country in South America but if you teach in Uruguay, you’ll soon get to know a place that is cultured, stable and sophisticated.
Teaching jobs in Uruguay are becoming increasingly prevalent due to the country’s strategic location and tendency for international export. You can be assured of a warm welcome from the locals in a country that has been voted Country of the Year previously.
Apply with ESLstarter, experts in TEFL recruitment, and teach English in Uruguay.
Here are 10 interesting facts and curious trivia about Uruguay:
- Uruguay is ranked as the least corrupt country in Latin America
- Over half of the countries’ 3.3 million population live in the capital Montevideo
- Cows outnumber people in Uruguay by 4 to 1
- Uruguay is the only Latin American country that is completely outside of the tropics
- Uruguay has the world’s longest national anthem
- Uruguay is one of the least religious countries in Latin America
- In 2009, Uruguay became the first country to provide a laptop and free wifi access to each of its schoolchildren
- Uruguay has one of the highest literacy rates in the world
- The word Uruguay means ‘River of Painted Birds’
- Uruguay is known as the South American Switzerland
We currently have the following programs available in Uruguay