Costa Rica TEFL Internship
Encourage compassionate education, both online and on-site teaching opportunities now available for Costa Rica, deliver English language tuition around San Jose.💚
Teach English in Costa Rica and you'll have the chance to travel throughout the country and work with adult learners. In this position, you will be able to teach both on-site and virtual classes.
About teaching English in Costa Rica
You will have the opportunity to teach two types of classes.
Corporate and scholarship classes are held on-site at the client's location or in our office classrooms. Only the technical high school's campus offers Tools for Success and Fundacion Monge classes, which are normally held on Saturday mornings and afternoons.
Participants will be asked to dedicate 40 hours per week to English lessons with two groups of students.
Virtual classes can be provided from the convenience of a teacher's home or our office.
Benefits for teaching in Costa Rica
- Competitive hourly teaching wage in colones
- When travel to and from clients is required, the cost of instructional transportation is covered
- Enrolment in the C.C.S.S., Costa Rica’s universal health insurance programme
- Set up of a Colones bank account in Costa Rica with an international debit card
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Paid holidays, paid vacation days and bonus
- Work visa for teaching in Costa Rica
- Assistance to find housing
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- TEFL / CELTA / TESOL
- teaching experience preferred
- community spirited and keen to inspire positive change
- clean and current criminal background check
- basic Spanish ability recommended
- Passport of UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa or Australia (due to visa requirements)
- Why take a teaching job in Costa Rica?
Teaching in Costa Rica provides an exceptional opportunity to interact with Latin American students on a variety of projects and social initiatives coordinated by Idioma Internacional at both commercial and public organisations. Idioma Internacional is an international language school that specialises in high-quality English training. We provide language exams in English, French, and Portuguese from our classrooms and office on the west side of downtown San José, Costa Rica. You'll be part of a diverse and well-trained staff comprised entirely of native English speakers from throughout the world!
- What is my role as an English teacher in Costa Rica?
You will be assisting young professionals in strengthening their English language skills as a stepping stone to employment and better future options.
- When does the application process open?
The good news is that Costa Rica is eager to do business with you! We hire teachers on a month-to-month basis and throughout the year.
- Do I receive visa support for the teach in Costa Rica programme?
Every instructor is given assistance in obtaining a legitimate work visa in Costa Rica to teach English. You'll be given a visa once you've arrived in the country and begun working. Timeframes for processing are subject to change. A birth certificate with an apostille from the issuing state / province, as well as a federal background check with an apostille, are required documents for a work visa application.
- What type of training does the school provide?
Every instructor receives a unique and hands-on learning experience. You'll be trained for two to three weeks to prepare pupils for their first day in the classroom. In each of your first sessions, you are allocated a Mentor who will help you continue your first training once you begin taking active lessons. Teachers who complete the Mentor programme gain access to dozens of asynchronous and flexible Professional Development Workshops, allowing them to continue learning and improving professionally even after they leave their current position.
- What students do I work with when teaching English in Costa Rica?
Our students range in age from 17 to adults, and they are all young adults or adults. Our students are primarily between the ages of 20 and 60.