Teach & Learn Argentina
Join this fantastic cultural immersion opportunity including home-stay accommodation with local host family, meals, monthly stipend and Spanish lessons + more!
3 to 12 Month Teaching Placement. Start February 2018 - JUST £699
At a glance
12 day welcome program and orientation (including full board accommodation) + airport pick up in Buenos Aires + monthly stipend $1200 Argentine pesos + transfer from Mercedes to placement + home-stay accommodation + 3 meals daily provided + 4 hours weekly one-on-one Spanish classes + Certification upon completion of program + FREE Lonely Planet E-guide. Arrive February 2018
Upgrade and add a 120 hour On-line TEFL Certificate for just £10 EXTRA!
TEFL Internship in Argentina includes
- 3 or 12 month teaching placement at a local school, participation in English Immersion Camps and weekly English tutorials for up to 3 hours with your host family
- A monthly stipend of $1200 Argentine pesos
- Airport transfer upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 12 day orientation & welcome. Your chance to: Participate in a FREE intensive 2 day TEFL workshop, Learn how to get by in Argentine Spanish plus cultural activities, Relax and check out the sights with your fellow teachers!
- Free transfer to host town / city
- Home-stay accommodation with an Argentine host family
- Three meals provided daily
- 4 hours of one-to-one Spanish lessons weekly
- Transportation and full board accommodation during English Immersion Camps
- Certification upon completion of program
- Monthly follow up contact through local office
- 24/7 emergency support
- FREE Latest Edition Lonely Planet E-guide
- Go further! More TEFL job assistance after your Argentine adventure!
Limited places are available so book early to avoid disappointment.
How does Teach Argentina work?
- Take part in a full orientation along with many other native English speakers
- Start your adventure and gain heaps of actual classroom based teaching practice through this TEFL internship in Argentina
Teach Argentina dates
- Start: February 2018
- Deadlines: Applications are accepted up to 3 months prior to the program start date
- Bachelor's degree in any major
- Native English speaker
- 18 – 40 years old
- Cultural sensitivity
- Community minded
- International Insurance (required by schools) – please note, ESLstarter can provide assistance in obtaining the International Insurance for Argentina
About the online TEFL course
Get ready for your Argentina teaching placement with a comprehensive online TEFL course
- 120 hour on-line TEFL qualification
- This is an internationally recognized TEFL qualification
- Provides comprehensive introduction to EFL methods
- The right preparation for life in the classroom for those with little or no teaching experience
- Gain a deeper understanding of advanced teaching techniques
- Get the qualification without leaving your home
- Receive expert guidance and ongoing support from experienced, well-qualified tutors
- Gain access to the best jobs with this internationally recognized qualification
- Get an instant edge over other candidates by becoming TEFL certified
- Work at your own pace without time restrictions!
Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Rosario, Mendoza, La Plata, Tucuman, Santa Fe, San Juan, Resistencia, Neuquen, Jujuy, Corrientes, La Pampa & many more! Please note final decision on placement is made by schools and so you must ultimately be flexible about your location.
Some placements are also available in Chile. For placement in Chile, you will be asked to agree before confirmation.
Why this program?
- Fantastic cultural immersion opportunity with home-stay accommodation pre-arranged
- Learn Spanish
- Free 2 day TEFL workshop on arrival
- All accommodation and board provided
- Share your culture with enthusiastic Argentine students
- Experience the real Argentina with many placements being in smaller towns and cities throughout the country
- Optional TEFL certification
Argentina is a twirling tango of chic city living and rugged natural beauty. For the urbanite there is a chattering café culture, deference to food and fashion and all-consuming passion for futbal! For the nature lover, Argentina is Patagonia, with its pristine glaciers, and the Andes, where snow-swept mountains form the backbone of the country. This is the gateway to Antarctica, the birthplace of Maradona, and the home of the Gaucho, Argentina is calling!
About teaching in Argentina
The Teach & Learn Argentina program offers participants the amazing opportunity to gain TEFL teaching experience, enjoy Argentina’s elegant culture and improve Spanish speaking skills! Placements are located throughout the country with one of the program highlights being that many of the placements are in smaller Argentine towns and cities which are off the beaten tourist trail. The home-stay experience truly allows participants to experience authentic local life!
Skills & Qualities
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people who can commit themselves to teaching in Argentina. As a teacher you will have full classroom responsibilities including creating lesson plans, student assessment, and curriculum development. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved something special, to gain a real insight into Argentina's unique culture, and to influence the lives and community of Argentines young and old. Experience is a plus but not essential! Sound interesting? Then why not apply now!
- What is TEFL?
TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language and once you have completed a TEFL qualification, you can teach ESL abroad in a wide variety of countries. There are a few different types of courses for teaching English in Asia, the UAE and many unique destinations, however TEFL and TESOL courses (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are the most common.
- How do I learn TEFL?
You can learn TEFL in a number of ways including university courses and even internships in various locations such as China and Argentina. English Language teaching allows you to broaden your horizons and gain experiences you will not find anywhere else. Learning TEFL will allow you to embark on various different adventures including teaching in Asia, South America and the Middle East and considering global language training is becoming increasingly popular, international schools are always crying out for additional ESL teachers.
- How does the visa process work?
The Teach & Learn Argentina program is a cultural exchange program and as such, only a tourist visa is required. The tourist visa is issued automatically upon arrival and is valid for 90 days. Please note that for candidates with US, Canadian or Australian nationality, there is a reciprocity fee of USD120. The tourist visa needs to be renewed every three months and this can be done by crossing to Uruguay for a weekend by ferry in order to get immediate visa renewal.
- Do I have training?
Yes, you will attend a full orientation upon arrival in Argentina along with the other native English teachers who will be starting the program with you at the same time. You will then transfer to your assigned host city / town upon completion of the orientation in Mercedes. Generally, teachers are also trained by the school for a short period. *Please note that accommodation is provided throughout the duration of the orientation.
- Will there be other foreign teachers at my school?
This depends on the school but in most cases, there is one foreign teacher per school.
- How will my teaching schedule work?
There are three working schemes, combining a certain amount of working hours at the school/institute and level of participation in the camps. Scheme A: 80 hours a month / 20 hours a week + one camp a month. Scheme B: 60 hours a month / 15 hours a week + up to three camps a month. Scheme C: 40 hours a month / 10 hours a week + up to fours camps a month. Teachers working under scheme A will do mostly Monday through Friday, during the mornings/afternoons or two shifts along the day (when working in small towns or language institutes). For scheme B, it could be 4 or 5 days a week, between Monday and Friday. For scheme C, there are usually more days off school, but teachers participate much more frequently in camps. The camps usually last three days, between Monday and Wednesday, Wednesday and Friday or Friday and Sundays. Teachers who work as counsellors in a camp during the weekend don't usually have to work the following weekend.
- Would I have a local co-teacher?
In most cases, there would be a local co-teacher to assist you while teaching.
- Can I apply as a joint applicant with friends or my partner?
In some cases, couples and friends can be accommodated in the same city /town but not always at the same school.
- Will I have a curriculum to follow?
It varies but usually the schools have a fixed syllabus and they try to include mostly cultural workshops, special projects (newspaper, drama, etc) and oral practices where their students can apply the language they are learning following the mandatory contents of the syllabus.
- Are meals provided by the program?
Yes, applicants will receive three meals daily throughout the duration of the teaching program.
- What would my living arrangements be?
All program participants will be provided with home-stay accommodation with a local host family that includes three meals daily. The majority of host families are from the school community.
- Would there typically be many other native English teachers in the placement areas?
In some big cities, like Buenos Aires, there is quite a large community of foreign teachers. However, some placement locations also cover provincial Argentina which offers a more ‘authentic’ experience and so there might not always be many other foreign teachers in these areas.
- When does the Argentine school term start?
Argentine school term starts in Early March and Early August.
- How will I get paid?
Applicants will earn a monthly stipend for pocket money of $ 1200 Argentine pesos and will live with a host family who will provide three meals daily. If the applicant plans to do some travelling around Argentina, additional money will be necessary. The cost of living outside of the metropolitan areas of Argentina is quite reasonable. With included room and board, applicants can live comfortably and have fantastic adventures in the region!