Teaching jobs in Vietnam
Alluring, hardworking and chaotic, Vietnam delivers sensory overload in a lush, tropical setting!
Teaching jobs in Vietnam are plentiful. One reason is because the national government has made it the country’s mission for the majority of Vietnamese students to be proficient in the English language by the year 2020. Teach English in Vietnam and be a part of the National Foreign Languages Project. Positions are available in public and private schools as well as language centers that have students of all ages.
Teaching in Vietnam offers a fantastic quality of life with teacher salaries generous enough for a very comfortable living. Even English teachers with no teaching experience are welcomed and well compensated. So, choose to teach English in Vietnam and settle down in a bustling city like Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi or opt for the quiet life in one of the laid back, rural communities.
Apply with ESLstarter, experts in TEFL recruitment, and teach English in Vietnam.
Here are 10 interesting facts and curious trivia about Vietnam:
- Population: More than 89 million people
- Capital city: Hanoi
- Currency: Vietnamese dong
- Language: Tieng Viet, or, Vietnamese
- Slang: “Len dia” literally means “on the plate” and is used to indicate that one is experiencing an awkward situation
- Religions: Buddhism, Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam, Caodaism & many others
- National drink: Green tea and Rice wine
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: Hoi An Ancient Town
- National dance: Lion dance adopted from China
- National bird: “Chim Lac”, a mythical bird of ancient stories discovered upon a bronze drum, also used to symbolize the forbidden kingdom Lac Viet
We currently have the following programs available in Vietnam