Teach English in Spain at Public Schools
Now hiring for teaching jobs in Spain with public schools in the beautiful region of Madrid and Murcia. Includes full training, stipend, workshops and immersion experience.
Do you want to teach English in Spain? Be a Language and Cultural Ambassador with ConversaSpain. Teach 16 hours per week and enjoy full training and support on arrival. Over 300 placements available for the upcoming semester. Come and explore this beautiful country!
About ESL teaching in Spanish public schools
This program provides full support for moving to Spain, including advice on practical day-to-day living arrangements. You will also have the opportunity to take a TEFL course while teaching at your school.
- 16 hours per week of teaching over 4 consecutive teaching days
- Placement and monthly stipend (€1,000 in Madrid, €875 in Murcia)
- Completion Certificate issued by school at end of program
- Pre-departure assistance provided concerning the visa application process (UK passport holders included), background checks, or medical certificates
- Exclusive access to Online ConversaSpain platform
- Welcome Documents with tips, advice and practical tools to get settled into your new destination
- Support with police registration process
- Ongoing support during your stay in Spain
- Induction in your assigned region, includes orientation, teaching workshops and meet-up with other program participants
- Private health insurance (for non EU participants) or EHIC coverage (for EU participants)
- 8/9 month program OR 6 month program
- Start October, November (8/9 month program) or January (6 month program)
ConversaSpain is a Spanish organization and offers teaching placements in schools in Madrid and Murcia for English speakers. This program offers you the opportunity to gain valuable international experience and get paid whilst sampling vibrant Spanish culture.
You will be participating as an Auxiliares de Conversacion, with school and placement relationships managed by the regional government. Auxiliares de Conversacion do not take charge of entire classes, and you won't be responsible for grading or discipline. You will work as a Language Assistant and build a strong teaching relationship with your local co-teacher.
Program Options and Fees
- ConversaSpain Program: (1,450 USD)
- ConversaSpain Program PLUS TEFL Certification: (1,890 USD)
- ConversaSpain Program: (1,200 USD)
- ConversaSpain Program PLUS TEFL Certification: (1,640 USD)
What your fee covers: ConversaSpain program
- Pre-departure assistance: including through visa application process, consular assistance, guidance on processing background check and medical certificate
- Customized webinars
- Welcome Documents through ConversaSpain Online Platform
- Assistance with the police registration process
- Private health insurance (non-EU participants) / EHIC coverage (EU participants)
- Full orientation in the region of placement: includes initial training and meeting with other participants
- Access to participant network - join our community of participants before your arrival to Spain
- Full office hour support for the whole duration of your program
- Certificate of Completion issued by the school on program completion
ConversaSpain Program PLUS TEFL Certification
All of the above along with a 140 hour TEFL course, includes:
- Grammar and methodology modules
- Teach larger classes and young learners
- 20 hours of video observation
- Tutors will be available to answer questions via email and will grade and provide feedback
- Six months to complete the online course, 24/7 access
- Hard copy certificate
- Be a fluent English speaker from Australia, Canada, Fiji, Malta, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tonga, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and Vanuatu
- OR hold a C2 English certificate (CEFR) or equivalent from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Luxemburg, Norway, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Russia, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- Bachelor's degree
In collaboration with