Teaching jobs in Colombia
Colombia’s stellar hospitality will have you at Buenos dias!
If you are a fluent English speaker who craves a casual, laid-back lifestyle among a welcoming host nation, then why not teach English in Colombia? Colombia’s bilingual initiative is committed to creating the best opportunities for local people through literacy in the English language. Teaching jobs in Colombia allow you to enjoy placement in a country that is emerging as a favorite destination of world travelers. Get paid to enjoy exciting experiences, such as trekking through an Amazonian rainforest or soaking up the sun on gorgeous Caribbean beaches.
And while you teach in Colombia, you receive the perk of learning Spanish speaking skills. It’s like a paid learning vacation!
Apply with ESLstarter, experts in TEFL recruitment, and teach English in Colombia.
Here are 10 interesting facts and curious trivia about Colombia:
- Population: More than 47 million people
- Capital city: Bogota
- Currency: Colombian peso
- Indigenous Languages: 65 Amerindian languages such as Quechua, Tupia & Yagua
- Other Languages: Spanish, Romani gypsy, Creole English & Creole Palenquero
- Popular saying: “El vino abre el camino” means “Wine opens the path”.
- National drink: Aguardiente, a sugar cane based alcoholic beverage flavored with anise
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: Los Katios National Park (recently removed from UNESCO’s Heritage in Danger list)
- National dance: Cumbia
- National bird: Condor
Annie Laryea, Teacher
I would say it’s a bit like being a Rockstar – constantly being stopped in the street by parents and pupils trying to speak English, offered local food to try, receiving various invitations, giving out fist pumps, hi-fives and hugs...
We currently have the following programs available in Colombia