Teach English in China and enjoy good times in Wuxi!
Teach in a nurturing environment, support and mentoring, develop your TEFL skills, lots of career progression opportunities, family-like community.
Tired of being in the same job and looking to try something new? We are offering you the amazing opportunity to teach English in China.
Applications are now open for teaching roles at 6 prestigious schools throughout Wuxi city, eastern China.
Teach 3 - 18 year olds in modern, well equipped schools including interactive whiteboards, touch screen TVs and full curriculum.
You will be supported by an experienced local welfare team and be part of a vibrant, international teaching community.
Class sizes are small with up to 14 students per class. Get to know your students and enjoy seeing them progress throughout your stay in China.
Great opportunity to develop your teaching skills with 20-25 teaching hours weekly and 8 - 10 office hours.
Find out why teaching in Wuxi could be for you.
- Up to RMB 15,000 / month
- Accommodation allowance
- Insurance allowance
- Flight allowance 12,500 per 15 month contract
- Annual leave 12 Days for 15 Month + at least 11 national holidays (depending on arrival date)
- Second year contract re-sign salary increase, +2 Holiday Days, 2,000RMB Re-Signing Bonus
- Bonus scheme
- Pick up service from airport
- Cambridge University TKT Certificate
- Free Online Mandarin lessons through EF Chinesetown
- Full visa support including visa application reimbursement
- Start any month
Get full support from the minute you step off the plane
- Meet and greet from Shanghai or Wuxi airport
- Initial accommodation at a hotel with WIFI - be met by the school support team
- Immediate cash loan of RMB 1,000 on arrival
- Spend the next few days choosing your apartment. School will provide some pre-selected recommendations for you
- Support with medical check, accessing local transport system, familiarising with local area, supermarkets etc.
- Orientation at the school, including the opportunity for peer observation to help you feel comfortable with the teaching methodologies
- Full training
- Start teaching
Come and experience Wuxi
Wuxi is one of the last frontiers of Eastern China that has been relatively untouched by Western tourism. It is a large town by European standards sandwiched between Shanghai (40 minutes by train) and Nanjing in Jiangsu Province. Many locals call it Oriental Geneva because it's also developing far more than most other Chinese towns. This means it's a comfortable place for foreigners to live in: there are big shops selling everything you could possibly need, the transportation system is good with easy connections to anywhere in China. On the other hand there aren't so many foreigners here so we're still a bit special and the place isn't so big or confusing that you can easily get lost or alienated here. There is an interesting mix of commercial and traditional architecture with many different cultural activities to be seen. Another bonus is the amount of small and scenic neighbouring towns which make ideal day trips. The climate is not too much different from Europe but with shorter winters and far more humid summers.
Ben has been living and teaching in Wuxi
My name is Ben. EF Wuxi was one of three schools that interviewed me and I chose them based on their professional communication, dedication and information. So I learned a few utterances in Chinese, packed my bags and here I am seven years later! During my time in Wuxi and EF I have had a lot of opportunity to further my teaching and managerial skills. Not only this but I was afforded plenty of opportunities to study Chinese, as English is not widely spoken in Wuxi – especially compared to Shanghai. I’ve been able to sustain my lifelong passion of travel here and have travelled to an abundance of places both domestically and throughout Asia. Hope to meet you in person soon!
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland passport holders (due to visa requirements)
- Ready to embrace a new culture
- Positive, outgoing and loves working with people
You can save money and have a great local lifestyle in Wuxi.
|Take away fried rice||$2.30||₤1.68|
|Take away noodles||$2.30||₤1.68|
|Meal for two in a mid-end Chinese restaurant||$15.30||₤11.18|
|Meal for two in a foreign restaurant||$45.90||₤33.53|
|Local bottled water||$0.30||₤0.22|
|Can of beer – supermarket||$0.76-$1.52||₤0.56-₤1.12|
|Pint of beer – bar||$5.35||₤3.91|
|One way bus ride anywhere in the city||$0.30||₤0.22|
|One way metro ride anywhere in the city||$0.30-$0.60||₤0.22-₤0.44|
|10-20 minute one way taxi ride||$1.52-$3.04||₤1.12-₤2.24|
|Return fast train to Shanghai (40 mins)||$9.09||₤6.65|
|Return fast train to Suzhou (10 mins)||$2.98||₤2.18|