Take the English Proficiency Exam
Test your English Level through iTest English Proficiency Exams
Do you need to evaluate your English level?
Get your English proficiency certificate with GEP English Exams, designed under the CEFR standards.
The GEP English Exams are a great tool to evaluate your English skills.
Many schools and international employers ask for proof of English level and so taking the English Proficiency Exams can open doors and improve your chances of finding a new and challenging job opportunity.
What is the GEP?
- The Global English Proficiency Exam is an online examination of your English language skills
- Designed for easy testing and deployment at educational institutions and organizations around the world
- Written by experts in the ELT field and education with more than 20 years of international experience
- Over 60,000 TEFL/TESOL participants and certified English teachers in more than 100 countries
- All GEP English Exams at iTestEnglish.com were built from the ground up under the guidelines of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Test results obtained by students who take a GEP English Exam have a very high level of skill measurement reliability according to the rigorous standards set by the CEFR
Now you can easily test your proficiency and receive a certificate as proof of your English fluency level. All GEP exams test for:
- Language Use
- Listening Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Speaking Skills
- Writing Skills
A1 Basic User GEP EXAM 100 Questions 179 Minutes
The exam tests the learner’s ability to interact in a simple way, ask and answer simple questions about themselves, where they live, people they know, things they have. Level A1 is described by the CEFR as the lowest level of generative language.
A2 Basic User GEP EXAM 100 Questions 183 Minutes
The GEP A2 Exam tests the learner’s general ability to deal with simple, straightforward information and begin to express himself in familiar contexts. The exam determines the student’s listening ability to understand phrases and expressions related to areas of immediate priority.
B1 Independent User GEP EXAM 100 Questions 183 Minutes
The GEP B1 Exam tests the student’s ability to maintain interactions with speakers and getting across what they want in various scenarios, following the main points of extended discussions around them and expressing their main ideas comprehensively.
B2 Independent User GEP EXAM 100 Questions 183 Minutes
The GEP B2 Exam tests the ability of the students to understand standard spoken language on both familiar and unfamiliar topics normally encountered in personal, social, academic or vocational life, also probes the ability of the student to understand the main ideas of linguistically complex speech on both concrete and abstract topic as well as follow extended speech and complex lines of argument.
C1 Proficient User GEP EXAM 100 Questions 198 Minutes
The GEP C1 Exam tests the students’ ability to understand and follow extended speech on abstract or complex topics as well as recognize a wide range of idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms. Students who successfully pass the exam can follow extended speech even when it is not clearly structured and when relationships are only implied and not signaled explicitly.