Teach English Online and Work from Home!
Enjoy a flexible schedule with full support from a specialized IT team and personal trainer.
Work from home!
We are now recruiting part-time English Teachers to join our international team!
You will use an award-winning online English learning platform to teach adults on the web.
Many students sign up for over two years making this a long term employment opportunity and a great way to supplement your income by teaching on-line part time.
- TESOL/TEFL certification, or must obtain certification within the probation period. Here is a link to the required TEFL course
- A university degree or previous ESL teaching experience
- Previous working experience in other fields (preferred)
- Can commit to a weekly working schedule
- Computer savvy
- Enthusiastic, professional, outgoing
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good motivator
- Ability to speak slowly, simplify and explain subject material to English second language learners
- Must be based in the UK or Ireland (due to scheduling requirements)
- UK / IRE nationality
Why this on-line teaching is unique
- Exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in the fast-growing on-line Education sector.
- Teaching is flexible and convenient.
- Teach according to your schedule in the comfort of your home or office.
- Work with small classes of highly motivated young and adult learners looking to improve their English.
- Professional and energetic tutors are needed to lead our virtual classrooms.
- Teaching focuses on conversation and listening skills.
- Tailored lesson plans provided to you from an extensive database.
How the payment is calculated
The total earning per session will be base rate + bonus.
The base rate is £6.92 per session and teachers can earn a maximum £31.83 per session.
The bonus per session is based on both the rating given by clients in a session as well as the number of clients in a session. A bonus is earned on each client that provides a rating. The total bonus earned in a session is the sum of the individual bonuses earned per client rating. Each bonus is a multiple of the set unit price.
More details on the payment and bonus structure are provided in the info pack.
Payment of the previous month will be paid on the 10th of the next month.
For example: Pay for October 1st - October 31st will be paid on November 10th.
Payment method: Wire transfer - 25GBP (international transaction fee)/time. The fee will be covered only when earning over 300GBP.
If one makes less than 100GBP the payment will be held for the next month.
Mark, Online Tutor
In the first 3 days of this month I’ve already earned over £100. I’m delighted I took the plunge! I’m recently retired, was looking for a worthwhile part time job that I could do from home and preferably online. This ticks all the boxes.
- Do I need special equipment to teach on-line?
Desktop/Laptop PC: Intel Core2 Duo processor or better (no netbook or tablet). Windows operating system: Windows 7 or 8 Internet Explorer web browser: Version 9 or higher. Mac: OS 10.7 and higher (no iPad) RAM：2GB or more
Internet Speed: Minimum 800 Kbps download and 500 Kbps upload wired internet connection: Cable, DSL, or Fiber Optics (no wireless connection).Webcam: Either built-in or preferably high quality Creative, Logitech, or comparable.
Headset: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 preferred, or any headset with sealed headphones and a swivel boom microphone (EXCEPT Logitech USB headsets).
Teaching on-line should be comparable with teaching a regular class. As a result, audio and visual distractions must not interfere with the quality of the session.
No phones, televisions, radios, loud fans, people, cars on the street, pets, or any noise should be audible in the room when you are teaching.
Also, your background must be a plain background. Desks should be arranged so their backs are facing plain walls (no doors, pictures, windows). Another option is to put up a white curtain or sheet to create a plain background. It is very important to project a professional image and allow students to focus on your teaching.
- Do I have to use the recommended headset, Microsoft LX3000, during the interview?
This is the recommended model, however it is possible to use any functioning headset for the interview. It should cover both of your ears and have a microphone attached to it (see picture)
- Do I need a TESOL/TEFL certificate to apply to teach English on-line?
Not initially, but this would be required by the end of the probation period. Please see here for the link to the required TEFL course.
- Are the positions open to high school graduates?
Unfortunately, we can only accept applications from bachelor degree holders or candidates with prior TEFL experience.
- What is the pay for teaching on-line?
Consultants will be paid a base rate for every class attended and taught. Base rates will be determined by experience and other qualifications. There is also the opportunity to earn bonuses. Bonuses are based on the number of students per class and also the ratings that consultants are awarded by students in their class feedback. You will have access to a summary of all of your taught lessons including ratings and total monthly pay via an award winning on-line system. Successful applicants will be given a tutorial on the system and how it works.
- How do I get paid?
On-line tutors are paid on a monthly basis via bank transfer.
- What is my schedule and how often do I teach?
The on-line English teaching operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Therefore, we can offer various schedules with a flexibility that can be personalized to suit your needs.
- What type of teaching would be expected from me?
The teaching is conversation based. It would be your role to create a friendly and positive learning environment where all students feel encouraged to participate. The teacher is expected to maximize student talk time and keep their own talk time at a minimum. You would very much be a facilitator, setting up activities and offering feedback to students. You would have the opportunity to observe some sessions from top rate tutors before you start teaching.
- What will I be teaching in a session?
You will be provided with lesson plans for each class you teach. The lesson plans have been developed to offer students a comprehensive learning experience. Subject materials range from business English to specific topics to every day conversation.
- Who will I be teaching?
Most students are aged between 22 and 65. They can be studying English for a variety of reasons such as increasing their employability, travel or study overseas, improving conversation skills etc.
Sound like you? Apply now and start teaching English on-line!