Teach in Colombia - SED Bogota
Experience living and teaching in Colombia's charismatic capital city of Bogota with the Secretary Office of Education program.
Teach English in Colombia
Join a brand new teaching program launched by the Bogota Secretary Office of Education. You will teach English in a program designed to improve language learning in public schools throughout the Colombian capital. You will work with students from 1st to 5th grade or from 8th to 11th grade.
The program follows a co-teaching model giving you the opportunity to also support your local co-teacher in improving their English language proficiency.
The wider aim is to provide an intercultural environment and strengthen English language education throughout Bogota public schools.
Benefits for teaching in Colombia with SED
- COP 1,500,000 monthly stipend
- Colombian local insurance
- One week orientation in Bogota
- Visa sponsorship
- Expert support team in Colombia
- All public holidays
- Lonely Planet E Guide to Colombia
Upon approval of placement, successful candidates are required to pay a deposit of $400. Your program deposit payment demonstrates your commitment to the SED Program, Colombia. This commitment helps the local support staff to plan their resources and ensure you have the best possible experience when you arrive in Colombia. The deposit is fully refundable upon completion of contract. The deposit is non-refundable if the teacher decides to cancel or withdraw from the program at any time and for any reason.
Program duration and arrival dates
- Orientation in Bogota - June 22nd, 2017
- Six month placement duration - July - December 2017
Requirements to teach in Colombia
- Fluent English speaker (must have at least C1 language ability if not a native English speaker)
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- Must be older than 21 years of age
- TEFL certification preferred but not mandatory
- Community minded and open to experiencing new cultures
- Submit an online application
- Receive and complete application documents
- Skype interview
- Successful candidates will be invited to second interview
- Employment offer on successful second interview